Beautiful Glowing Red Agate Mala Necklace
Beautiful and colorful, these unique red agates are hand picked for their power and beauty.
Agate is known to be a stone of strength, and can help to balance yin/yang energies, courage, protection, healing, and calming.
Measures approximately 85cm around. Contains 108 8mm beads. Handmade
Beautiful glowing red agate and clear quartz 108 bead mala with a silk tassel. Finished with copper accent beads, a unique clear quartz guru bead, and copper Lotud pendant.
Each full mala carries 108 beads (not including spacer beads), plus the guru bead which hangs at the bottom of the mala.
Why 108 beads?
There are many explanations for this very specific number. The most interesting are:
* There are 54 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet. Each has masculine (Shiva) and feminine (Shakti). So 54 times 2 equals 108.
* There are said to be 108 energy lines that converge to form the heart chakra.
* The diameter of the sun is 108 times the diameter of Earth. The distance from the sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the sun.
* The sacred River Ganga spans a longitude of 12 degrees (79-91), and a latitude of 9 degrees (22-31). 12 times 9 equals 108.
The guru bead symbolizes either the guru from whom the student received the mala or mantra, or paying homage to the student-guru relationship.
How to care for your mala:
* Never shower, bathe, swim, or otherwise get your mala wet.
* Store your mala in the included bag when not in use.
* Please do not sleep with your mala on.
* Gently slide the mala on and off, and avoid excessive stretching of the mala, as the cord can break.
How to cleanse your mala:
* Moonbathe your mala overnight on the night of a full moon.
* Smudge with sage (carefully!).